Browsing Articles by Title
Now showing 1 - 10 of 16
Results Per Page
- ItemAsking Families For Organ Donation(The Medical Society of Nova Scotia, 1988-11-15) Parsons, Patricia"Asking a family for consent to retrieve the organs of a loved one who has just died has been said to be one of the most difficult questions that a doctor can ask. However, being prepared for this possibility is the responsibility of every physician."--Excerpt from introduction
- ItemCareer development essential: Future health managers depend on training now(Health Care: A Southam business publication, 1986-10) Parsons, Patricia
- ItemConsider Yourself for a Change: The Phenomenon of Burn-out(Nephrology Nurse, 1982-02-01) Parsons, PatriciaThe term BURN-OUT has been used to describe a phenomenon experienced by members of the helping professions who idealistically strive to achieve unrealistic goals. Nurses, particularly those dedicated to a clinical speciality seem to be especially prone to suffering from this unpleasant outcome of stress. What burn-out really is, how to differentiate it from other syndromes and what to do about it become important issues for these dedicated nurses. Happily, there are some steps that an individual who believes he or she is suffering from burn-out can do to alleviate the symptoms.
- ItemDr. Arthur Parsons: After 10 years of hard decisions, an ethicist bows out(Canadian Medical Association, 1988-08-15) Parsons, Patricia
- ItemThe Living Related Renal Donor: Pre-Operative Considerations(Nephrology Nurse, 1982-04-01) Parsons, PatriciaThe use of living related kidney donors is currently on the increase in North America owing to its overwhelming success when compared with cadaveric transplants. Because of this, nurses and physicians working with patients with end-stage renal disease need to become aware of the importance of assessment of the potential donor prior to the final decision to remove a healthy organ from a healthy individual. Both physical and psycho logical considerations are important in the understanding of the decision to donate as well as the long-term outcomes.
- ItemPhysicians’ reluctance in requesting organ donation: Reasons and recommendations(The Nova Scotia Medical Journal, 1988-06) Parsons, Patricia; Patel, Deepen